This website identifies provisions in 124 international instruments that are of relevance to fisheries in general, and to small-scale fishworkers, in particular. More specifically it provides:
- Information, updated on a regular basis, on 124 international legal instruments, classified into seven themes;
- Full texts of these instruments, including decisions of bodies, such as Conference of Parties (COPs), responsible for taking decisions and monitoring the implementation of these instruments.
- A section on relevance of each instrument to small-scale fisheries, identifying key articles in the text of the instrument
- A powerful search function, that searches across all the 124 legal instruments on this site, by keyword.
- Facility to download updates of information on this site to the CD-ROM on "International Legal Instruments Relevant to Fisheries and Fishing Communities".